The Wingfield Heavy-Duty 3 point Harrow utilizes a fully-encompassing, box tube frame to offer total control over the harrow. With the frame, you can back into corners, shake out loose material, control the number/pressure of the tines on the ground, and easily transport the harrow. This model is designed to expand along with your operation. First, you start with a 8', 10, or 12' 3 point center frame. Then, you can add a pair of 4' 9", 5' 7" or 6' 5" hydraulic folding wings - which allows you cover twice the ground while still being able to get through gates. Finally, you can add a tongue, tires, and lift cylinder to turn the harrow into a pull-type cart.
This is our most popular model to drag a pasture. The Wingfield heavy-duty three point chain harrow is an ideal unit to break up manure, thatch, aerate, and re-seed a pasture. The harrow size is big enough to cover a good bit of ground, while still being able to get through gates and move around trees. More importantly, you can more than double its size by adding on the optional hydraulic folding wings, or turn it into a pull-type unit with the optional harrow cart kit.
The chain harrow will contour to the ground, making sure that the entire pasture is worked up. The harrow does not pull grass out of the ground, but it will pull up thatch and aerate the soil. This allows moisture to enter the ground, rather than being soaked up by the thatch on the surface.
You can access your untapped free fertilizer by harrowing. By breaking up the manure, you spread it out and work it into the ground by breaking it into smaller pieces. These small pieces are more readily absorbed into the existing grass stand - providing a quick boost over a larger area than your standard, unworked cow pie. This faster recovery allows your cattle to come back to grazing that area much faster.
The chain harrow also does an excellent job incorporating seed into an existing stand. First, drag the ground to pull up the thatch and expose to the soil. Then, you broadcast your seed. Finally, you make another pass or two with the harrow to work the seed down in contact with the soil.
You won't find a better chain harrow for sale on the market today because of features like these:
- A high-carbon, DRAWN, spring-steel harrow tine that can outlast the competition by up to three times!
- Harrow tines are computer bent to ensure even wear and consistent performance
- Rings in lieu of hooks to prevent unhooking, binding, and premature wear
- Fully encompassing box tube framework is constructed of 3" beams and is and built to handle rough conditions
- The 3pt Lift is setup as either a Cat #2 or #3 and is quick-hitch enabled
- Harrow can be pulled in the aggressive mode (tines standing up), less aggressive mode (tines laying flat), upside down (tines pointing in the air), or a combination between the front and rear section - rough up in aggressive mode with the front section, and smooth out with the rear section either in the less aggressive mode or upside down
- Front skids act as both stands and protect the pull pipe from objects during use
- Harrow mat comes in a single piece mat to eliminate unhooking and providing consistent ground contact
- Harrow mat is our fullest length harrow (7 1/2') which allows the unit to work the ground in a single pass
- Unit is able to expand with your needs. You can start with the center frame (8', 10', or 12'). Then, you can add a pair hydraulically folding wings at a later date (4' 9", 5' 7", or 6' 5"). Finally, you can add a tongue, tires, and lift cylinder to turn the unit into a pull-type cart.
The Wingfield Heavy-Duty 3 point Chain Harrow is an ideal tool behind a mid-sized/larger tractor. The 3 point framework gives the operator full control in using and transporting the harrow. The Wingfield American Harrow can do much more than dragging a pasture. With the largest harrow selection available, you are sure to find the right size chain harrow for your operation.
Remember: You control the harrow on a frame, a drag harrow controls you.
Wingfield offers FREE SHIPPING ON ALL HARROWS. (Alaska, Hawaii, and International are excluded. Please call 800.637.6712 or 217.643.7847 for shipping rate quotes).