The Wingfield Standard Drag Harrow model is a step up from our EconoDrag model. It is available in widths from 7' 2" - 9' 6" and is 5' in length. The added width allows you to cover a lot of ground fast. Yet, the 5' length still makes the harrow drag manageable for a single individual to handle. It is an ideal drag harrow for pulling behind an larger ATV, UTV, or small tractor.
The Standard Drag Harrow is a great harrow for dragging a gravel or dirt driveway. This model is wide enough to cover most all pulling vehicles and can loosen packed gravel, level, fill in potholes, and clean up washouts. We often suggests to drag a road after it rains. Then, you are able to better dig up packed rock. Plus, the material ends up settling better, too. Once you have the gravel road worked up and level, you just need to make a pass down and back every now and then in order to maintain the driveway.
You won't find a better driveway drag harrow for sale on the market with features like these:
- A high-carbon, DRAWN, spring-steel harrow tine that can outlast the competition by up to three times!
- Harrow tines are computer bent to ensure even wear and consistent performance
- Rings in lieu of hooks to prevent unhooking, binding, and premature wear
- Chain and clevis hitch is fully-adjustable across the drawbar pipe to keep the chain from hitting the pulling vehicle tires when making tight turns
- Optional rear pipe is available to help level behind the harrow, keep the back corners from flipping up at higher speeds, and more quickly move the hitch from front to back in order to change tine aggressiveness
- Harrow can be pulled in the aggressive mode (tines standing up), less aggressive mode (tines laying flat), upside down (tines pointing in the air), or a combination between the front and rear mats - rough up in aggressive mode with the front mat, and smooth out with the rear mat either in the less aggressive mode or upside down
The Wingfield Standard Drag Harrow is one of the most versatile pieces of equipment you can own. You have full control over the tine aggressiveness and even have the ability to work up and smooth out - all in one pass! Whether you are grooming a driveway, leveling a dirt road, or dragging a lane, Wingfield has a drag harrow that will not only perform the way it should, but also is built to last!
NOTE: Try to order a drag harrow at least a little wider than your wheel base - to cover your tracks while turning and to keep your pulling vehicle clear when getting close to trees/fences. Anything wider just covers more ground per pass.
Wingfield offers FREE SHIPPING ON ALL HARROWS. (Alaska, Hawaii, and International are excluded. Please call 800.637.6712 or 217.643.7847 for shipping rate quotes).